Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Podcatst app keeps crashing..

Everytime i want to listen to a Podcast on my iPhone 4S ( Running the latest version of iOS ) it crashes after like.. seconds.

Am i the only one 😟?

iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 9:35 AM

15 replies

Apr 14, 2013 10:15 AM in response to Excluso

I get this as well with the latest version of the Podcast App (v1.2.1 - 331).

It seems to be just the Tiesto & Hardwell podcasts that cause problem for me, all my other ones work fine.

It might be worth noting that both of these podcasts were encoded with GarageBand 6.0.5, although that might just be a coincidence.

Apr 27, 2013 6:41 PM in response to Excluso

I am also having the same problem! But it's just the Hardwell podcast that is the problem. If I try to open the Hardwell podcast first, after it crashes it then affects my other podcast such as Tiesto. Any podcast I try to open after just crashes. But if I avoid opening Hardwell first, then there are no issues. Somebody please fix this already!!!!!!!!

Apr 27, 2013 7:26 PM in response to Excluso

I have been using the podcast app for all kinds if podcasts: BBC, NPR, How Stuff Works, CBC etc, etc, etc. although there are things I don't like about it, but its worked.

A few days ago, the app just closed and quit working. It'll open and then close within 3-10 seconds. It's very, very frustrating. I have rebooted, hard rebooted, synched and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Apr 28, 2013 11:26 AM in response to ScarahT

Yup its definitely just the Hardwell podcast that affects the others if you play it first. If you do this by mistake and the app starts crashing on all podcasts, try force closing the Podcast app a few times (double tap home button --> press and hold the app --> close icon) it should start working again.

It seems that the problem with Hardwells podcast has been fixed in more recent episodes. For me its just 108, 109, 110 that causes crashes. To get around this I just converted them to MP3 versions and played them in the iOS music app.

Aug 12, 2013 9:46 PM in response to Excluso

iPhone 5, my PodCast app crashes as soon as I accidently click the "my station" button in the bottom middle.

It trys to take me to a getting started wizard thing but crashes.

After that, the PodCast app will crash immedately after I re0launch it. (every time)

If I uninstall the PodCast app, reinstall, it's good. (I can get to my podcasts) But, if I accidnetly click that my stations button the bottom, it's forever stuck in a crash loop! (trying to start some wizard I don't care about)

Here's what pops up for a split second each time I launch Podcasts app. (half a second before it crashes)

User uploaded file

My Podcatst app keeps crashing..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.