Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I hide or delete updates from the App Store I am not interested in using?

How can I hide or delete updates from the App Store I am not interested in using?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 11:51 AM

9 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:11 AM in response to GmaL2

This works for apps you've acquired, but does not work for built-in features. I am regularly nagged to update Digital Camera RAW Compatibility (currently I'm being nagged about Update 6.03). I've tried the method described above - the steps are available, but they appear to have no effect. I think this is perhaps because RAW compatibility is an element of OSX rather than a separate app. I don't use RAW format with cameras, and have no need for this feature. Even if I did, I have none of the 13 camera models listed in this update.

It is just a nuisance, but if anyone knows how to suppress this I would appreciate instructions.

I would also be curious if anyone can explain why on earth Apple would incorporate RAW camera format compatibility into the core of its operating system. It shakes my confidence in their operating system design.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.