Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution for printing Envelopes from iMac Pages FYI

Hello All,

About once a year I have tried to print envelops using Pages. I have been a mac user for 20 plus years, but have also been using windows with Word for just as long.

I try this once a year at TAX time to print my envelops and usually just give up, fire up Parrallels and use Word LOL.

I searched this site and there is no honest to God, Apple Written Solution for this problem with Pages.

You simply cannot print envelops from Pages to an Hp Laserjet printer as the orientation of the envelope will be WRONG at least with SOME printers, although a very common printer.

I am using Pages '09 version 4.3 and an iMac 27 inch running OS X 10.8.3 using an HP Laserjet 3200m connected via the network.

When you create an envelop it looks fine on the screen but when you print it it expects the envelop to be loaded horizontally as opposed to vertically. So you can't print a standard size envelop from Pages.

I found this solution first posted by Ryan K. in 2009 and it is achieved.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1970267?start=0&tstart=0

There is a discussion which follows his post and HIS method does work and is easy....

Just use Preview from the print dialog (it opens your envelop in Preview) the print from Preview and the orientation will be correct.

I read their discussion after his post but there is a lot of circular apple speak but no resolution.

Just use the Preview Program.....

(also I have a wide format Epson Photo Printer, and I have tried to use that for envelops and you can't. It gives an error.)

Just My 2 Cents.

Mike

(off to mail my IRS check.....LOL...)

Mike

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 9:44 AM

There are no replies.

Solution for printing Envelopes from iMac Pages FYI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.