Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a way to use "Find my iPhone" from any Android device?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 10:22 AM

27 replies

Jan 10, 2017 10:06 PM in response to JohnL4

This is no different than what we see on an iPhone. You can only view the iCloud website (and the Find My iPhone app on that website) by using the "Desktop Site". It is not a vendetta against androids....

And I see after my post, that gt21 provided you with the specific instructions for doing that. Thanks gt21!

If you want an app, ask the people who develop android apps to create one.

GB

Apr 26, 2013 4:21 PM in response to wjosten

I attempted to log into icloud.com using both Android Chrome and Android Firefox on my brand new HTC One. Long story short, neither browser could use Find My iPhone, even when requesting the desktop site.

When requesting the desktop site, Chrome is extremely sluggish, to the point of being unusable. Firefox renders better, but neither scrolling nor pinch-to-zoom work, so you're zoomed in looking at only a few of the iCloud icons. Thankfully, in portrait mode, I could see and click on the edge of the Find My iPhone icon.

Sadly, it just sits there with a spinner graphic for a minute, then a popup appears indicating there was an error loading Find My iPhone. :-/

Looks like a bust. At this point, I'll probably just VNC home to load Find My iPhone on my desktop browser. >.<

Jun 25, 2013 12:08 AM in response to Aykay77

Hi guys,

I am also using the HTC one. The simplest way to access apple's iCloud is to use its native browser itself in the "Desktop View"

Follow these steps:

Launch the browser

Click on the three dots on the top right

Enable desktop view

Go to www.icloud.com

Hit OK/Yes on the warning message of "unsupported browser"

You are good to go.I used this to track the iPhone that I have and it worked. Try it.

Also, I am not sure about other android phones, but the "Dolphin Browser HD" is not even listed on the Google play store on mine.

Well the HTC One guys won't need it anyway. 😉

Nov 24, 2013 6:46 PM in response to singalrohit

I found the answer. Goto play store and search for "icloud" or "findiphoneonandroid". It cost 1.69 cents but worth it. My slow alactel one touch evolve 3g with 1ghz single core cpu doesn't load dolphin or chrome in desktop mode. I mean it all works great. Not painfully slow. I'm just talking about the icloud. Never loads. I see the map but never get the green dot. This program totally works. Now I can see where my parents are if there are any emergencies. Or if they loose their iphone we can track it. This program toally works and is well worth the dollar 69.

Nov 28, 2013 2:13 AM in response to GeriDimitrova

The issue with using iCloud in the browser is that it is extreemly slow. The app mentioned above is essentially changing the user-agent in the browser to 'trick' the iCloud servers into serving the content. There is an argument that Apple simply 'doesnt like' Android users and intentionally blocks them, but it's probably more likely that they care about the user experience of iCloud and it's simply been made to work with fullly featured browsers on descktops or Safari.

If your anything like me, this issue comes up a lot - I have an Android phone but family all use iPhones (and we have an iPad in the house, too).

Anyway, I like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deltagain.findiphone&hl=en_GB - a simple app. that talks directly to iCloudd servers and doesn't go via the browser. If all you are after is the location of your iOS device then give this a shot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.