Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Iphone 3GS last night Update with IOS 6.1.3 now its heating up and battry drange and not charging, Please help me someone i will higly obliged you pls pls...its annyying me?????????

Hi!!!
I have Iphone 3GS last night Update with IOS 6.1.3 now its heating up and battry drange and not charging, Please help me someone i will highly obliged you pls pls...its annyying me?????????

Please reccomend me some solution.....

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 3:22 PM

Basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide is reset, restart, restore (first from backup then as new). Try each of these in order until the issue is resolved.

11 replies

Apr 7, 2013 11:51 PM in response to diesel vdub

I have all done basic steps but its not succusfuly...its continusly come to lock screen and phone is starting again and again and at the same time batry fully drange out.........does this is problem of IOS 6.1.3 update as earlier in my phone was IOS 4.1 installed.

Main problem is phone is starting again and again apple logo appear and again its restart.... is that IPHONE 3gs update 6.1.3 is worth , or we should not update anymore IPHONE 3gs with latest firmwares????????

Apr 8, 2013 4:09 AM in response to diesel vdub

For me it is a IOS issue because I updated all of my IPhone 4 to iOS 6.1.3 etc. and after wards all of my devices started to drain battery's without even using it & I even turned of GPS and dimmed brightness and currently I just charged my phone to 100% and in 6 minutes without using it and all apps closed I checked and battery is already at 94% same thing with another phone fully charged left at 100% all night usually I would wake to find it at 98% and its at 72% and this phone only has the apps iPhones uses for home screens and all my issues started occurring after new apple update again all my gps r of and lights dimmed & apps closed.. So 4 me apple update is to blame.. Even have a friend that has 4s and is currently experiencing same issue,I saw his phone go from 78% to 59% in 40min without usage he has had to put his phone in airplane mode 4 him 2 save battery to and from work ever since update.

Apr 8, 2013 4:38 AM in response to Tbaby105

Tbaby105 wrote:

For me it is a IOS issue because I updated all of my IPhone 4 to iOS 6.1.3

No, it's not.

If it were an iOS issue, every device running that version of iOS would be having the problem. That is simply not the case.

This is an issue that occurs after EVERY iOS update. For the vast majority of users, basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide resolves the issue.

Apr 8, 2013 4:58 AM in response to diesel vdub

Ok, I agree but the thing is that I all devices I have updated 5 in total have same issue, all I have restarted from pc and started from scratch reseted them and still same issue and all batteries keep getting drained without using phones, all the gps of, all brightness dimmed all apps closed,currently I am Awaiting AppleCare to open to speak with them because all my devices r having same issue that have new iOS the only one that isn't is the one that I didn't update and each have their own charger.. maybe it could be update isn't compatible with older devices maybe only compatible with iPhone 5 idk really can't say I'm no expert all I know is that I started experiencing exact same problem in all 5 devices when I updated all iOS in all of them, all iPhone 4, one iPod touch 3rd gen and a iPad 3rd gen. And my friend has a 4s only one that doesn't have a issue is the iPad I didn't update so I know it's a issue related to update,what may have caused it idk again I'm no expert but I have owned apple products for 5yrs and had experience in retail and trained in trouble shooting these things, nothing seems 2 work again could be some devices not compatible, could be some apps, idk I guess I will find out soon with apple but this is annoying when ur phone drains twice as fast 0.o but all I'm doing is again attempting restarting from pc and manually resetting them hopefully apple will help soon which I know they will because they always have because I'm at a dead end..I have looked over the user helpers guide nothing I have done helps..

Apr 8, 2013 5:33 AM in response to Tbaby105

Please use punctuation and sentences. That is extremely difficult to read.

Delete the current IPSW file on the computer.

Restore one of the devices again, this will force iTunes to download a new IPSW file for iOS 6.1.3.

It is possible that the file simply got corrupted on the initial download and a fresh download will clear up the issue.

It is also possible, but highly unlikely that these devices all have faulty batteries.

Apr 8, 2013 5:41 AM in response to shivshankarfromdelhi

I have aleardy visited some store in Delhi Like Gafar Market and ask the issue with Apple Iphone Users they said it might have batrry issue or IC problem that;s heat up and drain out but i am still hoping for better solution with step by step, if anyone master about these thing please help me??????

Tbaby105thanks for your reply and i agree with you because earlier my iphone was working fine with IOS 4.1 .

diesel vdub thanks for your reply maybe you also right but issue is its happen with me and some users please try to understand i am not asking for every iphone users i am just share my iphone issue which annyoying me ok...

my blog

http://www.shivshankarshah.com/blog

Message was edited by: shivshankarfromdelhi

Apr 8, 2013 8:10 AM in response to shivshankarfromdelhi

Sorry, Currently apple is aware of the problem because there are others with this same issue even with trouble shooting etc.

This hasn't been the first time this has happened, happened with ios 5 and fixed with 6.0 but in a effort to stop hackers from getting 2 our phones & using them 2 make calls etc. the new update seems 2 drain batteries.it also seems to effect some wi-fi,apple will most Likely fix this with new updates as b4.

People have just been doing the steps that I have done and currently my devices r still draining which I thought I may have fixed but no result :( . they trigger this to update, u can google this issue or go to cnet.com and it will show up, but apple will not let us down we can only have patience and hope they will soon resolve this with a new update.

I have Iphone 3GS last night Update with IOS 6.1.3 now its heating up and battry drange and not charging, Please help me someone i will higly obliged you pls pls...its annyying me?????????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.