Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of my iPad and the support article in manual does not help

Hi - would be so grateful to know how I can get into my iPad as I have forgotten my passcode and am locked out (disabled). The manual is not helping as instuctions relate to iPhone rather than iPad. HELP :-)

iPad, not sure which os my iPad is using

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 11:19 AM

3 replies

Apr 7, 2013 11:27 AM in response to Gaby58

Gaby,

You will need to restore the iPad if it is disabled or if you have forgotten the passcode. You will need to put the iPad in to recover mode in order to restore it to factory to unlock it. First connect the iPad to your computer that you have itunes installed on then hold the home and power button for 15 to 30 seconds until you see the silver apple come on the screen of your iPad. Once you see the silver apple let go of the power button only and keep holding the home button until you see the itunes logo on your iPad then you will be able to resotre. Below are step by step instructions to restore the iPad when disabled.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Locked out of my iPad and the support article in manual does not help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.