Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skimmer or pointer on Playhead

I am new to FCPX. I am trying to reduce some banging noise in a scene produced by either the mic or tripod turning. I want to put the pointer over the peak and create keyframes on the peak and then to the side of the peak. However, the skimmer is always to the left of the pointer when I position it over the peak and the flag always shows up to the right of the peak instead of where I placed the pointer even though the playhead line is right through the peak. Any assistance would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 3:05 PM

9 replies

Apr 7, 2013 3:32 PM in response to lburech

I'm not sure whether you're saying that the skimmer is getting in the way of your keyframing. If so, you can turn it off by hitting the keyboard shortcut S.

The playhead also does not need to be anywhere near the wave form you're trying to adjust. All you need is the select tool; hover that over the levels bar and option click to set a keyframe. (When you do that, the playhead will jump to the keyframe.)

If I mis-understood your question, sorry.

Russ

Skimmer or pointer on Playhead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.