Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get iMessage on Windows?

Can I download a version of iMessage on Windows PC?

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 3:32 PM

12 replies

May 15, 2013 5:33 AM in response to lmk1988

What's the possibility of incorporating iMessage into iCloud.com? Google Voice allows messaging from the PC, is it possible for Apple to do something similar through their iCloud website? The business case for this--as mentioned on other forums--is for people in a predominantly PC environment to have "fingertip" access to iMessage without having to use the iPhone or iPad. Just thinking out loud.

Jul 9, 2013 8:37 AM in response to CHEEZE_lT

That isn't iMessage though. All that does is allow you to click a contacts email address and use your Windows PC's installed default email client to send an email.

Apple have not made iMessage available to Windows PCs and I suspect never will. After all, Apple want to sync everything across THEIR ecosystem not someone else's as they'd rather you bought Macs over PCs. The only reason the old MobileMe service, now rebranded as iCloud, syncs to Outlook is to offer Windows users some element of sync services so as to tap in to the massive Windows marketplace. But for full features, FaceTime, iMessage etc, I suspect you will always need an OSX or iOS device, not a Windows one

Why can't I get iMessage on Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.