Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer photos from Win 7 laptop back to iPhone 5?

I was borrowing someone's iPhone 5 to copy their Camera Roll photos into my Windows 7 laptop (plugged in via USB cable, treating the iPhone like a hard drive or SD card). I just copied-and-pasted the files over to my laptop (via File Manager) but when I was done, the photos had been deleted off the iPhone. I tried to copy-and-paste the deleted photos back into the iPhone using File Manager, but Windows 7 does not allow me to transfer the photos back that way. The photos are not backed up on iCloud or the iPhone owner's laptop. I dont want to use a third-party photo restore program. Is there a way to restore all missing photos back to the Camera Roll, in this existing set-up, as it was before I copied the photos over?

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 3:24 PM

4 replies

Apr 7, 2013 4:01 PM in response to Ocean20

Thanks for your quick reply Ocean20. I forgot to mention that I did succeed at synching a folder with the missing photos onto that iPhone 5 but the photos did not get onto the Camera Roll. instead, they stayed in the synched folder, as if the photos were taken from some other source. I tried to delete this folder from the iPhone, to trick the iPhone into defaulting the photos into the main Camera Roll, but the iPhone blocks me from deleting the folder. Is there a way to have those go back directly to the main Camera Roll (rather than a separate folder)? Thanks

How do I transfer photos from Win 7 laptop back to iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.