Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod touch 5th generation won't turn on.

I have a 4 month old ipod touch 5th generation. It suddenly turned off on its own and now it won't turn back on. I have tried DFU mode, when i connect it to a computer (windows or mac) it won't recognize it, I have tried holding the porwer, home buttons, and every other thing that people recommend here in the forums, but so far nothing has worked. It does have battery, so that is not the problem. The screen is just completely black and nothing shows, not even the apple logo. What can I do?

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 5:00 PM

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

10 replies

Apr 8, 2013 4:19 AM in response to rafa_12

I had this exact problem. I have a gen 5, I left it on charge overnight and when I woke up it wouldn't turn on no matter what I did, and computers wouldn't recognise it.

I tried holding down both the lock button and home button (like reset) except I held them for a lot longer than necessary, probably about 5 minutes, then the apple logo appeared, and it stayed like this for about 20 minuntes until it worked.

I hope this helps

May 11, 2015 12:47 AM in response to rafa_12

I Also have this proble, but my home button is stuck in and i am using the access key thing which is essentially an on screen home button. So i only have the lock button which wont reset it - really dont want to have to pay (as my cover has expired) but i really dont know what to do - any suggestions?

my ipod touch 5th generation won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.