Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attaching photos from email applications

when trying to attach a photo from an email applicaton, the icons that appear on the window are small and do not allow me to choose the photo I want. When accesing the same folder from Finder, the icons are big enough. How can I solve this? Thanks, Sigal

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 7:51 PM

3 replies

Apr 7, 2013 9:21 PM in response to sigalush

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're all users here.

In Mail, Attach, using the 'icon & filename view' as shown below, single-click on a photo filename to select it without attaching it, and then press the [Space bar] to enlarge the image.

In the example below, I selected the image Screen shot 2013-01-21 at 5.21.27 PM.png

User uploaded file

Then pressing the [Space bar] enlarges it.

User uploaded file

Once you've enlarged the view of one photo, using the [Up] or [Down] cursor arrows on the keyboard lets you browse the other photos in enlarged state without returning back to the first step.

(If the image is still too small, clicking the 'enlarge' diagonal double arrow below an enlarged image brings it to full-screen view. In full-screen view, you need to click the 'reduce' diagonal double arrow before you can view another image)

Once you've located the photo you want to attach, press [Space bar] again to return to the icon view, and press [Enter] or click the Choose File button to attach the image to your email message.

Jul 30, 2015 8:39 AM in response to kostby

The Icon File name option is not available to me - it is greyed out as are all the viewing options. Also, a recent file I created with photos I need to attach to Craig's list ads is not showing up. Under "last imported" I do not see the photos I imported yesterday. Instead I see I random mix of old photos from the past two years! Gosh I miss my PC! It was so easy to attach photos to anything. I wish I could see bigger thumbnails (not enlarge each photo one by one) but actually ENLARGE the thumbnail views to see photos side by side to choose the best one! I wish I could find my missing file by searching. I wish my recent imported photos would show up...anywhere when I'm trying to attach! I may have to resort to dragging out my old oc just to post to CList!

Attaching photos from email applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.