Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders in Iphone5

Iphone 5 and folders-according to customer needs not apple

At friday I was buy the Iphone 5-I heard a lot of praise. I had before Samsung Galaxy s Plus

BUT! Anyway I´m angry user!

I study and working, so I had folders in my android

1.University od Law

1. Legislation in pdf
  2. Records of lectures
  3. Books and remarks (pdf, doc)
  4. bachelor thesis (pdf,doc)

2. Univeristy of International Relations

1. Records of lectures
  2. Scaned notes
  3. Purchased books in pdf

3.Trading in the Commodity Exchange

1. Screen of chart
  2. investment diary
  3. etc

So please inform me, how can I have some result in iphone5 like in android phone for 1/2 price

I´m really angry of this product! Do you restrict user rights! I need use this mobile for my importent purposes!

I expect you help me to solve this problem, and I will be satisfied Apple customers!

Best regards,

Martina Tatarkova

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 10:03 PM

You might be able to do this in iBooks

22 replies

Apr 7, 2013 10:11 PM in response to Ocean20

Do you mean can I use ibooks like some folders like in notebook with windows?

Not only

pdf files-other place

doc-other place

xls-other plae

scan-other place

rec-other place

what is this? I know what I looking for, but answer does not satisfy my requirements, so expensive cell phone because it is a shame users! Overall weight of business I buy any program but the phone does have to serve my needs!

Apr 7, 2013 10:14 PM in response to Ocean20

I need to sort these directories and subdirectories, if the mobile phone does not know, so it is less capable than the Samsung which costs half the price!

1.University od Law

1. Legislation in pdf
  2. Records of lectures
  3. Books and remarks (pdf, doc)
  4. bachelor thesis (pdf,doc)

2. Univeristy of International Relations

1. Records of lectures
  2. Scaned notes
  3. Purchased books in pdf

3.Trading in the Commodity Exchange

1. Screen of chart
  2. investment diary
  3. etc

Apr 7, 2013 10:35 PM in response to Tequicka

Ocean20 has provided the answers to your questions. .doc documents cannot be stored on an iPhone,. PDF documents can. Beyond using the external storage options listed by Ocean20 for doc types other than PDFs, you are out of luck. Your tone is unnecessarily strident and rude. We are all users here volunteering our time to help. If you don't like the help, then you can go elsewhere, but there is no reason to impune the qualifications of someone when you have not paid attention to any of the answers they have provided.

GB

Apr 7, 2013 10:41 PM in response to Tequicka

Also you stated:

Tequicka wrote:

Once again, I have all the directories and subdirectories as well as ordered and available in a laptop. If it fails to iphone me what is so mobile?

How do I connect with someone who would actually like to help?

That is right. The folders for the types of documents you are talking about - .doc, .xls, etc. are not supported on any IOS devices. They are supported via Microsoft Office on a laptop. This is an iPHONE you are talking about - emphasis on PHONE. It is not a micro laptop. If you were an uninformed buyer, then shame on you....If you had specific expectations, then you should have read the numerous support pages and technical spec pages provided by Apple before purchasing anything. If it does not meet your expectations, that is all on you for not doing your homework before purchasing.

GB

Apr 7, 2013 10:41 PM in response to gail from maine

So the way I use my Iphone is not currently allowed by Apple? I understand that correctly?

I think even you would be angry at the facility for 700usd which does what you need?

I apologize to everyone.

Today I go back to retail sites iphone5 because my needs.

Alternatively, study the instructions to jailbreak that is so often mentioned on many forums with dissatisfied customers.

You simply need to be mobile for my needs, I will phone the customer will not adapt.

All have a nice day.

Folders in Iphone5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.