Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replace macbook pro hard drive

I have a 15" macbook pro from mid 2010. My hard drive has crashed so I bought a ssd to replace my had drive. My problem is that I have replaced the hard drive and put in the os snow leopard software that came with my computer into my laptop. I tried to use my backing up but realized that it wont work since my computer was running os x Lion when it crashed. I am trying to start it up as a new laptop, but it wont give me that option according to apple I need some sort of program in my hard drive to do that. Does anyone know what that program is and where I can get it without going to apple?

I don't have apple care.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 8:50 PM

4 replies

Apr 7, 2013 8:56 PM in response to Help6287

Have a look at the link below to see if it applies to you.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4904

When you were running Lion in your Macbook Pro - were you the legal owner? Meaning, did you buy it?

I could be wrong - but it should show up in your purchases when you open app store. again, i'm second guessing on Lion since Mountain Lion shows up in my purchases.

Replace macbook pro hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.