Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my reminders "uncheck" on my MacBook after I have checked them off on my iPhone?

I primarily use reminders on my iPhone, so here's my scenario: I check off my reminder on my iPhone. Then I turn on my MacBook and get a notification for the reminder I have already completed. AND then I go back to my iPhone and the reminder I checked off is now unchecked. Why?? It is so frustrating, and I'm probably doing something wrong, but can't figure out what! If I don't use my MacBook for whatever reason one day, this doesn't happen. Help!!

iPhone 4S-OTHER, iOS 5

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 12:10 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2013 11:36 AM in response to taylorlynn89

Back up all data.

Quit the application, if it's running.

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.reminders

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu. A Finder window should open with a folder selected. If it does, move the selected foldernot just its contents — to the Desktop.

The folder you're moving has a name that begins with "com.apple." It is not the subfolder named "Data" or anything else.

Relaunch the problem application and test. If it works now, delete the folder you moved. Otherwise, quit again, and put the folder back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place.

Caution: If you delete some or all of the contents of the selected folder, but leave the folder itself in place, the application may not launch. Deleting the folder will cause it to be rebuilt automatically.

Why do my reminders "uncheck" on my MacBook after I have checked them off on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.