Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to share movie through IMOVIE to facebook. IMOVIE keep saying that my username/password is incorrect. Even when I change my password. i keep getting, username/password is incorrect. Could help me with problem?

When using IMOVIE to share on Facebook. I keep getting rejected, saying that my username/password is incorrect. When I change my password, I keep getting rejected by IMOVIE. Can you help me wtih problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 3:39 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2013 6:41 PM in response to kassandradleon

had the same problem, trying to share a video on YouTube, username quit working suddenly, -I could login to my YouTube account/channel no problem, so after reading a few posts. Decided to try changing my "user" account name in iMovie to the "email" login name that I currently use to login to YouTube. The YouTube account name stays the same. what a hassle.

Dec 8, 2014 10:04 AM in response to kassandradleon

When in November 2014 I tried to upload a video from within iMovie 9.0.9 directly to Facebook and YouTube, I encountered the same sign-in errors that others describe on this page. I was able to resolve the problem for YouTube, but not for Facebook. By the way, I’m running OS X 10.8.5.

After several failed attempts to upload to YouTube, I signed onto my YouTube account from my web browser. Once I was signed in, I saw a message, essentially a security alert, saying that someone had tried to log on to my account in an unusual way. The message contained instructions, and a link, concerning how to allow the unusual sign-in if I recognized it as legitimate. After clicking through and adjusting the security setting, I went back to iMovie and was able to upload my movie with no further problems.

I wonder whether some similar security setting in Facebook could be changed to allow iMovie to upload directly. But I haven’t yet been able to find such a setting. I notice that in my YouTube account settings, there is an option (under a heading named "Connected accounts") that allows you to link your YouTube and Facebook accounts. Maybe making this link could help to resolve the problem? But I don't intend to try it myself — maybe it will work for someone else, though. If you give it a try, or if you have any other advice or suggestions, please post to this page to let us know.

When trying to share movie through IMOVIE to facebook. IMOVIE keep saying that my username/password is incorrect. Even when I change my password. i keep getting, username/password is incorrect. Could help me with problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.