Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall Pages after moving to a new mac?

I just bought a new Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion. I tried to transfer over my data using Migration Assisstant, but it didn't work, so instead I dragged everything over using a firewire transfer. When attempting to launch pages I got an error message saying my version (Pages '09) won't work with the new software and I'd have to reinstall the application, even though my old Pro runs Mountain Lion as well as the new one.

I'm not sure I can find my old iWork 09 disk, and I can't download it from the App Store cause they only sell the most recent versions. Is there some way to get around this if I can't find the old install disk?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 5:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2013 6:25 AM in response to Yorath

Pages/iWork doesn't fair well when transfered from one computer to the next. Installing from CD or buy from MacAppStore are the options. The version in Appstore is still Pages 09 and can be used with Mountain Lion.

It could be that the tranfer did work but that you have to update it through Software Update Check. I did when installing Mountain Lion.

Reinstall Pages after moving to a new mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.