Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I enhance my MacBook 2010?

Hello All,

Thanks for reading my post. I have a MacBook 13-inch Mid 2010, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I upgraded the RAM from 2GB to 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3. I am also going to be swapping the HD to a SSD (OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD, SATA 2.5" w/ up to 285MB/s data rate).

Given these specs, and new parts, what else can I do to ehance the performance of this laptop (hardware and software-wise)? Also, what can I do to ensure I am taking care of the machine to both keep and enhance its performance and lenghten its lifespan? In other words, should I be doing something to "clean" the laptop every few months?

Thanks for your help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 6:05 AM

all you can do if max out the ram and install a SSD. Nothing else can be done to physically upgrade it and no "cleaning" is necesary.

2 replies

Apr 8, 2013 6:45 AM in response to JSBillian

You've already done it - so there is nothing else more you can do to make it faster - unless you want bragging rights - then you can go with 16GB of RAM if you want to max it out - assuming you have a 2010 Macbook Uni White.

In any event - with the set up you've mentioned - you'll have a screaming Macbook once you've done the SSD swap.

Enjoy

How can I enhance my MacBook 2010?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.