Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have been studying abroad in ireland for a month now with my iphone on airplane mode so i do not receive charges and my imessaging and facetime have both stopped working recently even when i have wifi

i have been studying abroad in ireland for a month now with my iphone on airplane mode so i do not receive charges and my imessaging and facetime have both stopped working recently even when i have wifi

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 6:18 AM

4 replies

Apr 8, 2013 6:34 AM in response to wegras

I would take out of airplane mode also and just disable Cellular Data AND Data Roaming under Settings - General - Cellular.

This way you would still be able to receive texts, your phone # will register to the network and you will still be able to connect to wifi. I traveled to Ireland last year and this worked fine for me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.