Skip navigation

Time Machine Failed Me

104 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2013 9:11 AM by worksafe RSS
worksafe Level 2 Level 2 (180 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 8, 2013 7:55 AM

I needed to go back into TM over the weekend to look for a backup that I had presumed that TM had backed up a few months ago and to my dismay TM had'nt. There is gapping big hole in time that TM did'nt back up anything in the Application folder. I'm talking six months of no backups at all to that folder which coisisdees with the release of Mountain Lion.

I'm squarely blaming Apple for this.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), MacBook Pro (2007) (2010)
  • ds store Level 7 Level 7 (30,305 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2013 9:04 AM (in response to worksafe)

Sorry about your loss, TimeMachine is bad, I knew it when I saw it, you not the only one.

Much better options exist and Apple seems to have only gone halfway with TimeMachine.

Worst thing about it is, you can't verify if it will work, unlike a bootable clone that you can boot from it and actually use it to confirm it's working and will restore.

I suggest you look into bootable clones, I have several and they are simply wonderful.

Most commonly used backup methods

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.