4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 7:03 AM by sdaniel5
sdaniel5 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I recently changed a password on one of my email accounts.  When I started up my iPod touch, it noted that the password for that account was incorrect.  I have been unable to enter a new password because the new password contains $ -- a US Dollar sign.  My iPod, which was purchased in Ireland, had a keyboard labeled English (UK), and had a Euro sign € but no dollar sign $.  So I added another keyboard from the list that is labeled English.  The new one has no dollar sign either.  What do I do about this?

MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPad, iPod Touch
  • lllaass Level 10 Level 10 (157,355 points)

I would simply change the password again but to one that uses characters that are readily available to you.

• sdaniel5 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Even the most simple of cellphones has a broad range of special characters, including signs for currencies.  The lack of a $ on my iPod touch affects more than typing in a password.  It will affect everything that involves typing, should I need to write about USD.  Dollar$.  €orrect?

I thought perhaps the App Store could help, but the excellent keyboard I got from there does not integrate with the system keyboard, so it will help only with documents, not with the password.

• lllaass Level 10 Level 10 (157,355 points)

On my USA iPod, if I go to the Notes app and bring up the key board and touch and hold the $ other symbols/characters appear like the British pound symbol appear. What do you see when you touch an hold a key?

• sdaniel5 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

You've done it!  That's exactly what I needed.  Thank you one million € worth!