Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard in iOS 6.1.3

I recently changed a password on one of my email accounts. When I started up my iPod touch, it noted that the password for that account was incorrect. I have been unable to enter a new password because the new password contains $ -- a US Dollar sign. My iPod, which was purchased in Ireland, had a keyboard labeled English (UK), and had a Euro sign € but no dollar sign $. So I added another keyboard from the list that is labeled English. The new one has no dollar sign either. What do I do about this?

MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPad, iPod Touch

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 12:26 PM

4 replies

Apr 9, 2013 6:55 AM in response to lllaass

Even the most simple of cellphones has a broad range of special characters, including signs for currencies. The lack of a $ on my iPod touch affects more than typing in a password. It will affect everything that involves typing, should I need to write about USD. Dollar$. €orrect?

I thought perhaps the App Store could help, but the excellent keyboard I got from there does not integrate with the system keyboard, so it will help only with documents, not with the password.

Keyboard in iOS 6.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.