Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network connection failures

lately, I've noticed that my macbook pro is getting disconnected from my wifi network. it got so bad that I had to create a new network profile to fix the issue. I have been noticing that my Nexus 7 sometimes says that is is 'obtaining IP address' ... but I usually need to reboot my router... is this a dying router or is it just my Mac?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 3:50 PM

Well, if it's multiple devices having issues with it, then it's your router. Before replacing it, just restore it to factory default and set it back up again with WPA2/AES security and see if it's stable.

2 replies

Jun 18, 2013 8:06 PM in response to SwankPeRFection

I spoke to google tech support, and they thought my nexus 7 was the issue, not the router, but in the mean time, the issue went away on its own. if I have this problem again, I would most likely get a wifi modem from AT&T since my existing DSL modem is from 2004 (its a speedstream 5100 and it was sent to me in june 2004). would that be the best option, or would you suggest just getting a new router?

network connection failures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.