Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVCPRO HD Codec in QT

I have a 720P Video that uses the DVCPRO HD codec. I can play this back in Quicktime Pro 7.1 on my old Mac Mini. When I install these codecs on my new Core Duo Intel Mac Mini, it does not play. Are ther new versions of the codec for the intel machines?

Mac Mini Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on May 25, 2006 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2006 9:56 AM

Your shouldn't move components between OS's, versions and the new Intel Mac.
QuickTime 7.0.4 is "Universal" as is 7.1 and the recent 7.1 update should allow you to play DVCPRO HD files on the Intel machine.
Try running the file under a different user account. This can help isolate issues.
Compare the third party codecs installed on both machines. Remove them (drag to Desktop) and relaunch QT. Many have been linked to playback issues and other conflicts.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2006 9:56 AM in response to Scott Worthington1

Your shouldn't move components between OS's, versions and the new Intel Mac.
QuickTime 7.0.4 is "Universal" as is 7.1 and the recent 7.1 update should allow you to play DVCPRO HD files on the Intel machine.
Try running the file under a different user account. This can help isolate issues.
Compare the third party codecs installed on both machines. Remove them (drag to Desktop) and relaunch QT. Many have been linked to playback issues and other conflicts.

DVCPRO HD Codec in QT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.