Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8.3 not working with Epson printer

I have a 2009 iMac, 27 inch, 10.8.3, and an Epson XP 601 all-in-one (Asian version of the XP600)

I cannot print in DRAFT or ECONOMY mode.

I think this began when I upgraged to 10.8.3.

Epson has been giving me suggestions for the past 3 days, but none of that works.

Does anybody out there have the same printer and or same problem?

Thanks.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 5:30 PM

6 replies

Apr 8, 2013 5:44 PM in response to cyrano7

XP600

My Epson no longer supports Draft or Economy mode - I have a different model though. Did Epson confirm that Draft or Economy mode still work? If so, it may well be an OS limitation.

FWIW, do not download old drivers from Epson or an install CD; the best way to re-add a printer in Mountain Lion is to open the Print & Scan Pane in System Preferences, delete the printer and then re-add it - it will automatically download necessary drivers.

Apr 8, 2013 5:53 PM in response to babowa

Hello, thanks.

Epson recommended your suggestion about the System preferences. I did that twice. No change.

1. Would restarting the computer after resetting the system preferences help?

2. Would downloading that link that mmitha attached help? (I live on hope)

It seems it cannot be worse that resetting the system preferences again.

Thanks all.

Apr 8, 2013 6:04 PM in response to cyrano7

the computer balked and said it was not a legit, apple approved program.

That is a new security feature in Mountain Lion and will do it with anything not from MAS; you can either change the settings in System Preferences permanently or make a one-time exception by hitting Control key while opening the installer/app - that will override the security for one time only.

And yes, restarting works wonders in most cases. FWIW, it took me several hours to get my Epson recognized in 10.8.3 (was working fine in 10.8.2 and suddenly quit after updating) - I never did figure out exactly what finally fixed it; I did delete/add mine half a dozen times.

10.8.3 not working with Epson printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.