Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone is in french but i want Safari to search Google in english. How do i do this?

I tried changing the settings in google.com but when I search using the search bar in safari it reverts back to french.

To clarify - I get french results and I want to get English results.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 8:19 AM

On your iPhone > Settings > General > International > Language > Choose English.

But, this will change the language interface on all the apps, not just Google, so it may not be worth changing.

7 replies

Apr 9, 2013 10:11 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tried that, didn't work.

Turns out Safari "forces" the french web interface by using the 'hl=fr' code in the url. for example http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=fr

Evidently that overrides local settings, even if you're logged into your Google account.

So, since I can't modify the search query url in Safari without jb'ing my phone, I'd say this one's a bust.

Thanks for the help though!

Aug 7, 2015 1:42 PM in response to sintzu

I would imagine you've solved this problem by now, seeing as it is from 2013. I ran into this problem and have been dealing with it for months. My phones language is set to English so I had no idea why my google was in French. I finally noticed today that right underneath the google search bar there's an option to switch between French and english. I clicked that and VOILA problem solved. I feel so silly for not realizing it sooner

User uploaded file

My iphone is in french but i want Safari to search Google in english. How do i do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.