Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion Mail new message in thread scrolling

Trying to eliminate an annoying new behavior in Mountain Lion's Mail. After receiving a new message in a thread/conversation when I click on it to read it, the thread always opens in the viewing pane scrolled to somewhere in the middle or another random location in the list of messages, rather than the top where the new message is.

This has made it disorienting when following a conversation, because I keep seeing older messages first when opening a newley received message. This is especially obnoxious when the messages are long and it takes a while to scroll to the top to see new message.

Is there a setting somewhere for this? Is it a bug? Can I have my old Snow Leopard Mail back? I haven't found any other reports of this behavior.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 8:16 AM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2013 1:28 PM in response to Eric Root

Yes, I am aware that Snow Leopard Mail will not run on Mountain Lion. I was being facetious, as in "I am not a fan of many of the changes to the Mail application since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, I would prefer if it's features were closer to the Mail application in Snow Leopard. I wish Apple would change things back to the way they were."

Mountain Lion Mail new message in thread scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.