Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working

I am having trouble with my imessage and I cannot find any updated information...

When I try to send a message the little blue bubble thing next to the contacts name isn't there...with all of my contacts that's I've been sending messages to through iPad. When I try typing a message the "send" button stays gray. I tried turning off imessage and then turning it back on and first it just kept saying "waiting for activation". I tried restarting my iPad and it let me turn on imessage but I'm still getting the grayed out "send" button. I haven't changed any settings and was able to use imessage until about noon today.

Any suggestions?

I have the iPad 3, wifi only.

Ipad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 4:55 PM

Apple is having problems with the Messages service currently. You can see here.

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

5 replies

Apr 9, 2013 4:59 PM in response to Demo

Thanks for the info... I just read that also!

"Apple has confirmed the service interruption on its iCloud System Status webpage, noting that some iMessage and FaceTime users are unable to send messages or make video calls. The root of the problem is unknown at this time.

Tuesday's troubles add to a list of sporadic iCloud service outages that have cropped up recently. The issues are usually resolved within one to two hours.

Most recently, Apple's iCloud account authentication system went down immediately after the company rolled out the OS X 10.8.3 maintenance update, causing some users to be left without a number of services."

Apr 9, 2013 5:30 PM in response to Roseymagnolia

Here is an easy fix if you really want it to work. Go to settings and turn airplane mode on. Now go ahead and reboot. After you reboot, go back to settings and turn airplane mode back on. WAIT! Under bluetooth, Carrier will pop up. You need to quickly tap on it. After you tap on it, turn automatic off and you'll get a list of carriers. Select either 3G or LTE or whatever you have. Not default AT&T or the carrier name. Select it and boom, it's working again. You can keep messing around with different carriers until it works. Once it works, just do the same process and turn automatic back on.

iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.