Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my photos are importing out of order. For example, if I have images 1,2,3, and 4.., the order they show up in is 2,1,4,3. What could cause this and any ideas how I fix it?

All my photos are importing out of order. For example, if I have images 1,2,3, and 4.., the order they show up in is 2,1,4,3. What could cause this and any ideas how I fix it?

Aperture 3

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 4:51 PM

7 replies

Apr 9, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Armywife14

Order is a very flexible thing on a computer. You can order (sort) the images by many different criterion. Such as:

Name

Date

File Size

Image Size

etc.

So when you say the images are importing out of order what do you mean exactly? Have you tried sorting the images on a different field to see if that puts the images into the order you want?

In your example if the images are named 1,2,3,4 and you're seeing them in the order 2.1.4.3 sorting by filename should sort them the way you want.

Apr 10, 2013 8:53 AM in response to Armywife14

One thing, don;t think of them as being imported in any one particular order.

The order of the images is completely fluid, you can change it anytime you want to suit your needs at that particular moment.

As Léonie showed you select the order you want to see the images in by selecting the item you want to sort on in the pull-down.

The only time fluid sort order can be a problem is when you export groups of images. If you put the images into a particular order in Aperture when you export them and view them in the Finder the order they are in may very well be different. In this case you could give names to the images that include a sequence number or index.

Then when they are viewd in the Finder they will be in them same order they were in in Aperture.

regards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.