Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this apple id is valid but not an icloud account

When I try to sign into the iCloud from my system preferences, I get this message "this apple id is valid but not an icloud account"

But I'm able to sign into icloud.com, itunes. My email and calendars are not synching. Can someone please help. Thanks.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 7:53 PM

22 replies

Feb 2, 2014 7:09 AM in response to MacMasterE

I'm having the same problem on my iMac running 10.7. Unofrtunately my iMac cannot run an OS that's any newer than this. I also have an iPhone 3GS of which I'm using iCloud with no problem. I have an iCloud email address and can login to iCloud.com fine.

I'm getting this same message over and over, no matter how many times I restart my computer. I've reset the PRAM, repaired permissions and verified the disk. Not sure what to do 😟

Feb 20, 2015 11:45 PM in response to Csound1

I am trying to set up icloud on my windows platform, windows 8. I am receiving the same message when trying to set up iCloud - this apple id is valid but is not an iCloud account. No kidding, I'm trying to set one up. My only apple product is a very old, non supported ipod touch that I cant set up, either. I have restarted four times.

Apr 9, 2015 5:42 AM in response to viewlife

viewlife wrote:

It's useless, nobody going to answer, i have same problem with iCloud and app store too, iTunes works for some reason, as many times i have try to solve login issues with apple accounts... NOTHING!!! I can't understand what is wrong with apple accounts.

And yet you provide no information along with the whining. If you have the same problem it is because you are running Windows.

Start your own thread.

this apple id is valid but not an icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.