Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have a large photo as my lock screen and home screen will it drain the battery faster than if it were a smaller image?

If I have a high resolution / large sized image set as my lockscreen / homescreen will that effect the battery life of my iPhone 4S?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 8:13 PM

It will only display what it can. That should not affect the battery in any way.

2 replies

Apr 9, 2013 8:13 PM in response to JimmyMcL

I do not believe so. Either way, the display of your iPhone is just showing a picture as a wallpaper, if you had no wallpaper or just a black or white one, your phone would still be displaying something (the pixels are still on). Your pixels don't know what they are displaying, so your phone is still using the same amount of battery. Hope this helps!

If I have a large photo as my lock screen and home screen will it drain the battery faster than if it were a smaller image?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.