Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage: I got a 32gig iPad for Christmas - I really need some help.

Storage: I got a 32gig iPad for Christmas, and literally I am already down to 2 gigs of storage left. I believe my iPad is a 4th generation, and currently on my device I only have a 10 apps, 6 photos, 3 personal family videos 10mins in length each, and about 10 disney channel tv shows for my kids. I also have my work email, but I set it to only go back two weeks.

I am not sure what I am doing to eat through this much space so quickly. I realized after downloading 4 tv shows for my daughter I was getting HD, so I did change the other 6 to SD which I know takes less space. However it hasn't really helped. Recently I started using the camera to take a few short movies of my kids 3 videos about ten mins in length each and that ate through space in no time.

My iPad is 32gigs but really only started with 28 gigs capacity.

Is there something I can do? Am I doing something wrong? Sorry I am not the most technically inclined, but a co-worker of mine has an older iPad with thousands of pics, hundreds of songs, plenty of movies, at least 20 apps, etc and her 32 gig iPad still has 12 gigs left. She has WAY more stuff on hers than mine.

I really appreciate any help someone can provide. Thank You.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 12:02 AM

8 replies

Storage: I got a 32gig iPad for Christmas - I really need some help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.