Remember: we cannot see your machine. There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 8 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Basic things like :
- What version of iPhoto.
- What version of the Operating System.
- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For instance: 'iPhoto won't export' is best explained by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.
- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted?
- Are there error messages?
- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.
- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?
Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.
Thanks for your cogent response to my confusion.
Using a 2.5 gb Intel iMac running Mountain Lion with 8gb of RAM, and iPhoto 9.4.2.
With one, and only one, of my 12 smart albums, the criteria I set appear not to be getting adhered to. Photos with no relationship to the rules appear, and , it seems, always the same gatecrashing photos. Have scrutinised the captions, and can find nothing amiss. I've removed the 'face recognition' condition leaving only names in the text.
What's even odder it that on my new MacBook Pro using the identical versions of the OS and iPhoto, that particular smart album performs perfectly.