Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Download Mountain Lion

I can't download Mountain Lion from the App Store. At best it downloads 142MB (of 4.4GB) and then fails. I have been trying for 2 days on both a MacBook Pro and an iMac. Both are high spec machines running 10.6.8 that meet all system requirements and have good broadband connection. I've tried all the workarounds I could find online with no success. I was putting it down to server performance at Apple's end but they are showing a green light on their status page. Any other ideas please?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.8.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 4:02 AM

12 replies

Apr 10, 2013 9:02 AM in response to ads-studio

I have now spoken to Apple about my problem and they told me to explain the situation to my Broadband service provider British Telecom (BT).

For reasons not explained, BT suggested the problem lies with the Router hardware they have supplied (BT Business Hub - 2701HGV). Although it is relatively new there is something that prevents it from downloading Mountain Lion???

They are posting me a new one which will not arrive for 2 days. I will let you know if the new router solves this issue.

Apr 12, 2013 8:12 AM in response to Baity

It is a 2wire model I am using. BT did suggest most people get to 2GB before the download fails. I have downloaded plenty of files in excess of 142MB so I'm not celebrating yet. They tried to blame the Mountain Lion File specifically too. I'd have thought data is data and the router wouldn't know what it's downloading? Hopefully I'm wrong!

Unable to Download Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.