Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pipe character launches iTunes ...

Hi all

When I try to make a pipe (vertical line) on my Belgian Azerty keyboard (option shift L), it launches iTunes. Input setting is Belgian keyboard and as far as I remember I was able to make pipes under snow leopard or before installing MacTex. When I pop up the virtual keyboard, all special characters work except the pipe and its neighbour (option shift M which makes some kind of O).

How do I restore the special character shortcut? I need it for logical programming.

Thanks !

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Azerty-Belgium

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 6:08 AM

Option Shift M on a Belgian keyboard is supposed to make Ó, so I don't understand why you think that is not working right.

It sounds like someone has set Option Shift L as a keyboard shortcut. Go to system preferences/keyboard/keyboard shortcuts and have a look and try Restore Defaults.

6 replies

Apr 10, 2013 7:31 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

It's not that I don't think it doesn't work, it just ... doesn't work. Both keys don't turn out anything, and the virtual keyboard doesn't change when pressing the keys. I suppose that just like Option Shift L, it is occupied by some other command. The weird thing is that for Option Shift L, I know that it launches iTunes. I just don't know why and how to change it. I've already restored defaults, yet the key combination wasn't in it either. Mystery remains for now, but thanks for helping!

Pipe character launches iTunes ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.