Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wich iPhoto settings for a slideshow in fcpX?

I want a slideshow made in iPhoto as part of a movie (25 fps. movie) made in fcpX to play on a flatscreen TV 42"

The total movie will be exported from fcpX as .mov or burned on a DVD.

Wich settings do I need (export in iPhoto) to import in fcpX because I tried many options but all performances were unsharp (only when playing in the timeline), like a little blur.

When I change the fps (Europe; need 25) many other settings changes too.

When I choose in another window for advanced settings, there are more options like mpg4, quicktime, etc. I tried and imported mpg 4, mov and others. (no problem to import) but no sharp movie.

I changed the settings in 16:10 and 16:9 (option in iPhoto) but no diff.

I tried them almost all but it is very confusing. What to do to keep the slideshow sharp?

(I can't use apple TV, because there is not on location.)

Thanks!

Bruce.

(post in fcpX too)

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 6:33 AM

10 replies

Apr 11, 2013 9:23 AM in response to Bruce27

Or export the slideshow via the Export button at size = Medium or Large.

User uploaded file

Drag the exported file into your iDVD open window, being careful to avoid any dropzones, and continue with your iDVD project. No need to go into FCP.

Follow this workflow to help ensure the best quality video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image and launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding was good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

wich iPhoto settings for a slideshow in fcpX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.