Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why, if I have to restart my iMac does the terminal open and I have to restart again to make Mail (6.3) open without showing it offline?

Why, if I have to restart my iMac, does the terminal openm and why do I have to restart again to make Mail (6.3) open without showing it offline?

early 2009 iMac 320 4GB memnory

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 1:21 PM

Triple-click anywhere in the line below to select it:

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to get name of every login item' 2> /dev/null

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C).

Launch the Terminal application.

Paste into the Terminal window (command-V).

Post any lines of output that appear below what you entered — the text, please, not a screenshot.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2013 1:21 PM in response to charlesfromcorrales

Triple-click anywhere in the line below to select it:

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to get name of every login item' 2> /dev/null

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C).

Launch the Terminal application.

Paste into the Terminal window (command-V).

Post any lines of output that appear below what you entered — the text, please, not a screenshot.

Apr 10, 2013 6:34 PM in response to Linc Davis

Actually I do have some logins teh users and Groups P panes. But whatever you told me to do did the trick as far as that foes. I have Mail, Ckup Menu, iTunes helper, Xmenu, Google notifier, ClamXavSentry and Java. All those apps semm to work just including Mail. Terminal is not in Login in at start up. and it did not stasrt up the last time I restarted. I have to have Java for my wife's work and a couple of things I use regularly on the net.

Why, if I have to restart my iMac does the terminal open and I have to restart again to make Mail (6.3) open without showing it offline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.