Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upload iWeb website to GoDaddy FTP hosting server

I purchased a domain (huaichuanrui.co.uk) and web hosting from GoDaddy. I created a website in iWeb '09 (version 3) and clicked on the site name in the left hand sidebar. I filled in all the FTP server information - in the server address box, I've tried ftp.huaichuanrui.co.uk, huaichuanrui.co.uk, http://huaichuanrui.co.uk, the IP address, ftp://huaichuanrui.co.uk, everything. I've typed the username and password for my hosting account correctly. I left the Directory/Path field empty like most people recommend, but I've also tried it with the folder location on my Mac (/Huaichuan_Rui), /Huaichuan_Rui/, all sorts. I left Protocol as FTP and Port as 21. Still, no luck. Testing keeps failing.

I've also tried uploading the site folder to the GoDaddy hosting control panel thing where it says "Upload Files". It all uploaded, but still nothing. The homepage preview is shown as "pageok". Now when I visit my site, it says "Coming Soon - Future home of something quite cool".

No luck at all in publishing my iWeb website to GoDaddy's FTP hosting server.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

iWeb '09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 7:33 AM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2013 7:48 AM in response to hotappledai

Contact GoDaddy support and ask them. That is what they are there for and they should be able to resolve the issue for you.

If iWeb internal ftp won't work for you, then try publishing your site to a local folder on your desktop from iWeb and then download a copy of Cyberduck and use this to upload your files to the server.

In the meantime, contact GoDaddy Support.

Apr 10, 2013 8:25 AM in response to hotappledai

ftp://huaichuanrui.co.uk is the correct server, and 'FTP' and port 21 are correct. However note that you have a different login and password for FTP, not the one you use to access your account and Control Panel. These would have been generated by GoDaddy - I don't know whether the facility exists to change them, I didn't bother - so if you haven't changed them and don't know them you will have to contact GoDaddy.

Upload iWeb website to GoDaddy FTP hosting server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.