Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get video to my ipad

I need to get video to 5 ipads for a presentation. Transcoding the file is no problem, I'll do that in Compressor. However getting the file to each ipad is a bit elusive to me. Is it possible to upload the video to an FTP and then using each Ipad separately, download the video via WiFi and place it in iTunes?

Thanks in advanced all.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 7:39 AM

11 replies

Apr 10, 2013 7:47 AM in response to 30framesasecond

No. The only way to get Video onto an iPad and into the Apple Videos App is to use iTunes on a PC and sync it.

Alternatively, you would need to place the Video on some accessible web address, and have an App installed on the iPads that can play the video. So you could download it through Safari and save it to this App.

There's no way to save videos to the Apple Videos App directly.

By the way iTunes on an iPad is merely the Store front, and nothing more.

Apr 10, 2013 7:56 AM in response to Phil0124

Phil, thank you for your timely reply. Because the video needs to loop, I've purchased "loopinator". If you are familiar with the App, do you think that'll work? As I don't have the units here in front of me, It's hard for me to ask real educated questions. I'll be getting them later today so I'm sure I'll have more queries to follow. Thank you

J

Apr 10, 2013 8:11 AM in response to 30framesasecond

I'm not familiar with the App, but form what I can see on their App store page, you'll have to transfer the Video file(s) using iTunes File Share.

Though you still may be able to save it form an online location, but you'll have to find that out once you have the iPads in hand.

NOTE: They'll have to be using the same Apple ID to download the purchased App onto the iPads.

Apr 10, 2013 3:31 PM in response to 30framesasecond

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Secrets of the iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57401068-285/secrets-of-the-ipad-camera-conn ection-kit/

 Cheers, Tom 😉

how do i get video to my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.