Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why my iphon give me error code 1009?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 6:48 AM

59 replies

May 5, 2017 8:33 PM in response to JimHdk

Well, It is not simply fair, and it is not worthy of great nation like American to behave like this. One way or another people in some part of the world manage to buy a somehow expensive device, but now they can not use that device just because of a lack of understanding between two nations. And we know that devices like iPhones and iPads may help the dialogue between nations, by improving liberty and democracy and spread of the information.

May 6, 2017 10:13 AM in response to KiltedTim

If it was merely a simple matter of commerce, disregarding more than 20 million devices in a country is simply ignoring the rudimentary principle of customer orientation. But in my opinion it is much more than that, I think negotiation and discussion may help the gap between the nations.

Even though many of Americans do not believe in Donald Trump, they respect the election and majorities vote. Here in Iran we may not believe in our government but we have to comply with the election, how can we possibly change our government?

May 6, 2017 10:20 AM in response to AlirezaEbadati

You can think what you like. This is NOT political. You can change your government the same way we changed ours over 240 years ago if you like, or you can pursue other options. This has NOTHING to do with politics.

Apple does not do business in your country. They do not sell products in your country. They do not support products in your country. They do not offer services in your country. Content owners for content on the app and iTunes stores do not license their content for sale in your country. It is ILLEGAL for you to attempt to purchase or download content from a store serving a different country.

You are not going to get help in VIOLATING THE LAW.

May 6, 2017 1:19 PM in response to AlirezaEbadati

Hurts your feelings? Seriously?

This is a technical support forum. Not a place for the discussion of International politics. YOU can not legally purchase content from the iTunes or app stores. The law is the law. It's not mine. It's not yours. In attempting to do so, YOU are attempting to violate both the law and the Terms of service for the store. Now tell me, why should Apple go out of their way for someone who shows so little respect for both the law and the rights of the copyright holders, not to mention their own terms of service.

Never mind the fact that were the CEO of Apple to travel to Iran, he would likely be immediately arrested and executed... Would you want to do business in a country where that was the case?

May 6, 2017 6:46 PM in response to AlirezaEbadati

That's because you obviously do not understand what is happening here.

This is NOT a political issue. You refuse to accept the truth, which is that Apple does NOT DO BUSINESS IN IRAN. It is ILLEGAL for you to download content from a store serving a different country. THERE IS NO STORE SERVING IRAN. There is no solution to your 'problem' other than to leave Iran and move to a country where such content can be legally obtained, or wait for the situation to change.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.