Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Way for a Update out to freedom - why?

Hi @ all

I use now round about 3 Weeks my Power Mac G5 Dual 2 Ghz PowerPC, and i really happy with this! In case with the OS X 10.5.8 also. But sometimes i reach out the Borders of the System.

Especially if I want to use the cloud. ITunes is indeed so far, but is not compatible with my Ipad. I solved with Google Calendar. But what I miss are all the advantages like, bookmarks and syncronisation with my iPad. It would be a little for Apple to bring out an update. At times, no matter how many Power Mac G5 are in circulation. So as this update should only describe the mobileme account to icloud, so that everyone can take advantage of the PowerPC in its iCloud. A OS X 10.6.1 for PPC would also not exactly the most traffic. Just because there are still so many PPC users in the Apple community, and I include myself also help! Because PPC was the most innovative system in the world with OS X, and is! I would be very happy if there was an update in the near future for PPC, which would describe the subject and thus call the PPC back to life would be!

Sincerely, Peter1965p

Power Mac G5 (Late 2005), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 9:02 AM

8 replies

Apr 10, 2013 9:50 AM in response to Klaus1

Hi Klaus,

that is something that far. But how can it be that there are so many Mac G5 users enter and then have to buy all a "new Mac"? I mean it ought to be referred to the community if it were an update which would rewrite the mobile.me acount. To iCloud fix That would be for Apple internally not so much work. The configuration script has to be somewhere in the system. It would then only the server designated by the entrance data in addition to iCloud and is good! Far from the more difficult way would be to rewrite the OS X 10.6.1 on PPC, it is already clear to me. But I think on the other side of the people in the community who want to see how I used buy a G5 and work. The G5 is really a Really cool, except for the handicap that I can not syncronize my iPad and my iCloud, but otherwise - all the best! I would never have anything else!

And I really think it is the conviction that here a lot of give just like me!

Best wishes, Peter

Apr 10, 2013 10:04 AM in response to Klaus1

Yes Klaus I understand already, am already 22 years in business! Apple was watching the whole time, but was just stop for a long time have found on page from the PC until I unto you. The path led me to you about Linux, which is also used by Apple sees itself in an adapted form. Nevertheless, there should be a way to give the system-features rewrite relating to iCloud, which I think is apt because of the strong frequency users of G5.

Best wishes, Peter

Apr 10, 2013 10:26 AM in response to Klaus1

Klaus Okay, then just Unix. 😉 Where Linux is also a rip-off of Unix. 🙂 Well, no matter, it is this fact would have the system settings related to mobile.me be rewritten in the form of an update. For it can not tackle the mobile.me is simply set to iCloud and the PPC users are left out in the cold. I also have an iCloud ID and can use mini on my IPad, but just not on my G5, that would be really great if my G5 would also support my IPad in any form. Because I think these are still circulating in moderately G5, and not only in Germany but worldwide here! In my opinion, it is relatively easy to fix this with an update. Just because the PPC cult status!

Best wishes, Peter

Apr 10, 2013 10:49 AM in response to Klaus1

Hmm, I think if any G5 PPC users here in this forum would Participate off and we would drink a toast together for a long time a discussion. Then there are also responses to the frequency of contention a subject performs the way to move something! For only if we in the community are going this way, we will also move together something! I'm saying the PPC is not death, it lives on in the hearts and the minds of the community!

Best wishes, Peter

No Way for a Update out to freedom - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.