Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to have iOS for my ipad2 which isn't synched to a computer. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

I want to know if it is possible to have IOS capability with my iPad 2 that is not synched with a computer. I want an app that says I need ios5.

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 8:25 AM

4 replies

Apr 10, 2013 8:31 AM in response to Georgia259

The update absolutely must be done from iTunes on a computer. The article you asked this question from details the process of doing it from one the device isn't synced with.

stedman1: Didn't you see the "isn't synched to a computer"? In any case, saying the update must be done from the syncing computer isn't correct; in addition, this question was asked from the exact article you linked to.

(80555)

Apr 10, 2013 8:33 AM in response to Georgia259

iOS is the Operating system that runs on all iPads. All iPads have some version of this.

If you have a version lower than 5 you absolutely need a computer to update to at least 5. Though being an iPad 2 it will update all the way to iOS 6.

iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

Scroll down to the section titled: Update your device using iTunes

Apr 10, 2013 8:37 AM in response to Niel

I did actually see that, but as we have so often seen, the fact that the question was asked with the link to the article, doesn't necessarily mean that the OP had read it. This is often the case with the other upgrade article (4623, I believe) where we refer the OP back to the same article to scroll down to section entitled "Upgrade your device using iTunes"

I want to have iOS for my ipad2 which isn't synched to a computer. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.