Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my airplay mirroring to Apple TV just stops working, is it a problem with my Ipad or Apple TV?

Hi, I am having problems using my IPad when using mirroring with Apple TV. For one, I have a sling box app that everytime I use the app, the next time I use the app I have have to uninstall and reinstall it for it to work. If I don't I get an Error message on my TV, the app works just fine on the Ipad so long as I'm not trying to use airplay. A similar thing happens on other applications when mirroring except the TV Screen just goes blank. I look to see if the Mirroring is still on the Ipad, but it turns itself off. As for the SlingBox app, I spoke with then and they could not find a problem with the app and said its got to be a problem with either the Ipad or Apple TV, has anyone else had a similar problem? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 8:40 AM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2013 9:12 AM in response to Tabsterb

Your problem could also be due to a problem with your WiFi router. Make sure that it has the latest firmware from its manufacturer installed.

Also, don't rule out a problem with Slingbox just because someone there told you, "it's someone else's problem".

What version of Apple TV do you have?

Have you tried here: https://discussions.apple.com/community/appletv/appletv?view=discussions

May 8, 2013 12:36 PM in response to Tabsterb

I am also experiencing the same issue.....On mine I get an "Error occured message. please try again later", I have the new Ipad with Retina display as well as the Iphone 4, and the newest Apple TV purchased on 5/5/2013. Both Ipad and Iphone are doing the giving me the same error message with Slingplayer but once I try a different stream like HBO or Netflix it works fine. I have tried updating the ATV, rebootong, adjusting all the display and auto settings, as well as restoring and no luck. My next step will be downgrading ATV software to previous version to see if it works.

May 27, 2013 12:31 PM in response to Tabsterb

I just got off the phone with slingbox and the guy I called told me that it was probably the recent update that broke airplay for me. He told me that the functionality currently is hit and miss and he has seen people where it works perfectly fine and others where it does the same thing as mine and the rest of the posters on this forum. It's unfortunate because it leaves use more or less helpless in the whole thing. He did say that they are working on getting that functionality to work more consistently, but who knows if he was just saying that to keep a customer happy.

I will say that before I called I tried using their chat service and the guy on the chat was completely unhelpful. He claimed that the only way airplay has everyworked with slingplayer is through mirroring, we all know that is not true and he was completly condescending about it.

I wish I could offer a solution to the problem here but it sounds like we will just have to wait it out for another update.

my airplay mirroring to Apple TV just stops working, is it a problem with my Ipad or Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.