Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Macbook Air (july 2012) with OS X 10.8.3 installed. I have dvds with .vob files and have Quicktime Version 10.2 (603.12). I can't play the DVDs. Thereare some features of QT that I like, e.g. precise frame selection and save as .png file-help

I have a Macbook Air (july 2012) with OS X 10.8.3 installed. I have dvds with .vob files and have Quicktime Version 10.2 (603.12). I can't play the DVDs. There are some features of QT that I like, e.g. precise frame selection and save as .png file-help. Am I missing some Apple software? I thought QT for Mountain Lion could convert the .vob files - is there some setting that I have missed?

Any suggestions that preserves a simple workflow much appreciated.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 11:17 AM

5 replies

I have a Macbook Air (july 2012) with OS X 10.8.3 installed. I have dvds with .vob files and have Quicktime Version 10.2 (603.12). I can't play the DVDs. Thereare some features of QT that I like, e.g. precise frame selection and save as .png file-help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.