Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Final Cut Express 4.0.1 impossible,help

After a new load of Os 10.5.8 (PowerMac G5) and load of Final Cut Express 4.0 no update for Version 4.0.1 is possible. After Softwareupdate: System has the newest version. What can I do better?

Mac OS X (10.5.2), iMAcG5 ( 2005)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 11:20 AM

90 replies

Oct 30, 2013 9:28 PM in response to umoso

I just figured out how to install the 4.0.1 update in Mavericks. The problem is that the old Software Update mechanism is completely gone in Mavericks.

1. Install Final Cut Express 4.0 on a computer running Mountain Lion (but I’m sure that Lion or Snow Leopard would work, as well).

2. On the command line use “sudo softwareupdate --download FCE401-4.0.1”.

3. Go to /Library/Updates/ and look in the various folders therein for FinalCutExpress4.0.1Update.pkg. This is about 128 MB in size.

4. Copy that installer .pkg file to your Mavericks computer and double-click.

Presto! This will update your previously installed Final Cut Express 4.0 to Version 4.0.1.

Oct 31, 2013 7:34 AM in response to MartinR

Also, a Google search for something like “softwareupdate "Final Cut Express"” turned up a page of “Mac OS X Snow Leopard for Power Users” in Google Books that tipped me off. I had wanted to explore, whether I could somehow download the update without having to have Final Cut Express installed. I guess, if I had used Little Snitch, while the updater was downloading, I could have possibly uncovered a direct URL for the download.

Download Final Cut Express 4.0.1 impossible,help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.