Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s Battery draining fast

I have a 6 month old iPhone 4s with the most current iOS update. I had it charged at 96% before walking in to work today. 20 minutes later I had the Low Battery message pop up and I was confused. I noticed my batter level was at 19%. I checked my apps and they were all closed out. So I went to text my boyfriend saying my battery will more than likely be dead soon and as I was typing the message, which took less than a minute, I watched the battery level drop to 18%, 17%, 16%, and 15%. It died right after that.

I'm very frustrated, this is the first issue i've had with this phone. Is there anything I can do? I am charging the phone now and I am scared to take it off the charger.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 11:27 AM

Something may have gone amiss on your iPhone.

To correct this follow these steps:

1. Backup your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud.
  2. Use iTunes to completely restore your iPhone as new.
  3. Setup iPhone and monitor battery usage to see if it is normal. If not, you may have a hardware problem - if so, contact Apple support.
  4. Restore your iPhone from your backup above.
  5. Check battery usage to confirm that it remains normal.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2013 11:27 AM in response to sami_desch

Something may have gone amiss on your iPhone.

To correct this follow these steps:

1. Backup your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud.
  2. Use iTunes to completely restore your iPhone as new.
  3. Setup iPhone and monitor battery usage to see if it is normal. If not, you may have a hardware problem - if so, contact Apple support.
  4. Restore your iPhone from your backup above.
  5. Check battery usage to confirm that it remains normal.

May 27, 2013 12:54 PM in response to sami_desch

Had the same prob as everyone else. 18-month-old iPhone 4s had good battery life until IOS 6.1.3 update. Started draining at 7% per hour in standby -- Siri off, location services off, etc. Went to local Apple store last Friday. Phone slicked and IOS restored. Walked around the mall for 45 minutes, and battery drained 7% in that time with one email (text only) and one 1-minute phone call. Returned to Apple store and got another appointment on the spot. Replaced phone since I have Apple Care. What I didn't know is that the replacement phone had IOS 6.1.2 on it (realized that when I got a prompt to install the update). I haven't done the update and battery life is fine! So, if you can get back to IOS 6.1.2......

iPhone 4s Battery draining fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.