Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to duplicate a User Account when setting up an iMac

I have a lab of 30 iMac computers. I am planning on imaging 29 of them from 1 master machine. In the process of setting this one machine up, I need to create 4 user accounts that will have identical settings, but will simply have different names. Each account is for a different period of the Intro to Video Class I teach. Instead of having to go through each User account and change each setting, can I create one profile and then make copies of this profile and rename it to the different class periods I teach. These User accounts are not administrator accounts. The will have limited access.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 8 gig ram

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 2:53 PM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2013 8:11 AM in response to EDHS Video

Thank you for your replies. I am setting up one machine perfectly, so that I can use that machine to image the other 29 machines. My issue is that in setting up the one perfect machine I need to create 6 different User Accounts on the machine. Four of the User Accounts are perfectly identical except for the name of the User Account. It takes a lot of time to set up the Dock and all the user preferences of each of these User Accounts. I am looking for a way to duplicate the User Accounts so that I can same some time. I want to create one user account, set it up with all the details and then duplicate it three more times.

Is there a way to duplicate a User Account when setting up an iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.