Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing my icloud account on macbook pro

When I set up my new macbook pro last month I entered in the wrong email information. My itunes is under a charter.net account and I put in my regular email which is a gmail.com. How can I change this so my iphone and ipad are matched up with my new macbook?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 5:41 PM

1 reply

Apr 10, 2013 6:20 PM in response to schnellmnprostar

To change the account on your Mac, go to System Preferences>iCloud, sign out, then sign back in with the iCloud ID you are using on your phone and iPad.

When you sign out, you will be disconnecting from the current iCloud account so any iCloud data you are syncing will disappear from your Mac. When you sign into the other account, the data from that account will sync back to your Mac. If there is any synced data on your Mac now that does not exist in the other account, you'll want to go to icloud.com, sign into the other account and enter the data there before deleting the existing account from your Mac.

Changing my icloud account on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.