Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my Apple ID has been hacked what are the problems that can happen and what can I do about it.

I am worried that my account might have been hacked through my email address. I got a warning to change my password but can't remember if I accessed the icloud. I might have if this would be by checking the email. I am a bit scared about what could happen. Obviously I am a novice here. Any help or suggestions would be great.

iPhone 4S, Through email address

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 9:32 PM

8 replies

Oct 24, 2017 12:33 PM in response to WorriedMez

Hello my name is Denise Areche and I got a notification saying that a number has been added to my email address the number is 631-452-4716 and I never saw that number in my life and now all my contacts had been deleted and it’s saying that to turn off the number from my email I have to get the phone and turn it off myself and I don’t have access to do that is there anything

you can do about that my email address is denise1238@icloud.comUser uploaded file

Apr 10, 2013 10:14 PM in response to WorriedMez

Someone could only gain access to your account if they knew your iCloud ID and password. If you ever get an email asking for these, for any reason, don't respond. Apple will never do this and there have been some recent cases of emails being sent out pretending to be from Apple asking for people's iCloud credentials.

If you feel your account may have been compromised, reset your password here: https://iforgot.apple.com/iForgot/iForgot.html. After doing so, you'll need to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with your new password. This ony deletes the account and any data you are syncing with iCoud from your phone, but not from iCloud. Your data will be synced back to your phone when you sign back in. But before deleting the account, save your photo stream photos to your camera roll to avoid losing them (tap Edit, tap all the photos, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll).

Mar 15, 2014 11:16 AM in response to randers4

About 40 days ago my iCloud account and Apple ID were hached and compromised. Everything compromised, my email, my icloud data etc. I made a notification to the Italian Police. I changed the password and now I am using a gmail account. After 40 days somebody purchased from iTunes some apps, so I had to go in agian to my icloud account and disable the credit card on the payment methods (something that I wrongly did not do previously). I made also a new Apple ID in order not to loose all the apps that I have on my iPhone, but I cannot update then with the new ID prior to 3 months time. SO tmy observations and questions are the following:

1) It is unbeleivable that there is NO SUPPORT from Apple and there is NO WAY to contact them via web when somebody craks your apple account

2) iCloud IT IS NOT SECURE. Apple services are by far less secure than others, like Google. The Italian Police told me that incredibingly the email and cloud services from Microsoft (like outlook, my drive, hotmail etc) are by far more secure.

3) I do not know what to do next in order to get rid of my my previous Apple ID and iCloud account and even if I can not, at least I want to know HOW I CAN NOTIFY APPLE THAT THIS ACCOUNT IS COMPROMISED

If my Apple ID has been hacked what are the problems that can happen and what can I do about it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.