Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pad lock icon everytime. How to unlock?

Hi!

Now i've turned on (wake up) my iPad 3. Slided to unlock. Lock screen has disappeared... BUT.. there is padlock icon at the center of status bar (where must be time). It is NOT rotation lock icon! It is like on the lock screen.

And iPad does not offer me "turn off" after 5 seconds holding sleep/turn off button. And i can't see settings. When I tap settings - application is starting, i see usual background of settings app, but there aren't any settings or even text... Also Wi-Fi is not connected (despite i'm sure there is wi-fi network and my iPad knows this network). All other applications work as usual...

And iPad locks and unlocks by pressing appropriate button.

So, does anybody knows this situation and what does it mean? Is it normal behavior of iPad or is it some glitch?

P.S. Problem was solved only by hard turning off (hold Sleep and Home buttons together for 10 seconds).

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 10:57 PM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2013 11:23 PM in response to _bam_

If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup).

If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present.

You may have to force iPad/iPod into Recovery Mode

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

Apr 11, 2013 12:06 AM in response to Diavonex

No, i haven't passcode on my iPad. I need only slide to unlock. And slider has been working properly.

After i've slided, main screen with app icons has appeared properly. IBooks has been working properly, volabulary, safary, notes and other apps too.

But there was padlock icon instead of time at the center of status bar... (and other strange behavior - see my first post)

My guess (after that i asked the question) was so: there is opportunity to lock iPad partly. So i can for example use my apps, but can't change settings, turn off, connect to wi-fi and so on... But i couldn't find any information about it...

Pad lock icon everytime. How to unlock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.