Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i find if my boss has a tracking app or anything on my person iPhone 4

Today at work my boss asked for a few of the boys personal phones. He only grabbed a few and he made certain they where smart phones. He said he was going to put an app on it so we no longer do time sheets, we check into a job and check out of a job when we leave. He had afew computer wise people with him and they were ment to be creating the app. They had my phone for around two hours and when it was returned there was no app or anything so I think they only wanted our phones to get the numbers ( the serial number or whatever they wanted) I wouldn't have a problem if they tracked me on a work phone but not a personal phone and without asking is wrong. I don't want to approach the boss unless I have clear evidence that he is tracking me somehow. I have had a lock threw the phone and can't see any new apps so was just wondering what could it be and how would I go about finding out how to stop it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 1:11 AM

13 replies

Apr 22, 2015 4:35 PM in response to Quad23

Since you gave it to him and allowed him several hours of direct contact with it, the only way to ensure nothing was added or altered is to wipe it, restore it as new and set everything up fresh and clean. If you have a backup from before he had it, then go into general settings, erase all contenot and settings and then restore from backup. Next time your employer asks for your personal phone, tell him NO and if he needs specific apps or features then he needs to provide you with a company phone.

Apr 23, 2015 9:47 AM in response to natalie_anneb87

natalie_anneb87 wrote:

Iv done this and cydia comes up in my spotlight and my camera is all fuzzy I swear I saw people in my iPhone 6 walking around how do I remove this also when I'm getting or making calls its like it does a double ring as if there's a third party listening

Restore your phone as new (NOT from back up) using iTunes.

May 4, 2015 1:49 PM in response to deggie

Thanks for your advice but iv just realised that I made a mistake with my question here this spyware that's been placed on my iPhone 6 atm isnt from my employer. I haven't given anyone access to my phone but last year I had a spyware placed on my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone by a third party that I was in a friendship with benefits that I had given him access to my phone numerous of times never thinking I had to watch my back this app was called mobile tracker version 1.0 Samsung confirmed its not one of their factory apps & I found a review of this total invasion of privacy on www.gizmobeast.com it basically overtook my phone he could record with my camera at anytime,read & edit txt msgs & calls all without my confirmation,hence why I switched carriers from Optus to Telstra & devices but I was using iCloud recently as my main email address by opening & deleting a message from my facebook from this ex friend I'm pretty sure it's made its way back through onto my iPhone 6! my Dads security systems on his work computer set off alarms after I logged in and out of my iCloud email address & I ended up restarting the device then shut the iCloud address completely down and deactivated facebook and apple ended up taking the iphone6 and gave me a new iphone6 but my old number hadn't switched over before inserting the sim to the new phone but now my iPhone currently has a software version called ios 8.2(12D508) & won't let me upgrade my software update to 8.3 i am experiencing the same issues with my calls & camera being fuzzy like I did originally on my Samsung. Cydia doesn't come up as an app installed when I do a spotlight search And the front camera lens looks like there's a light constantly on is that webcam?

May 4, 2015 2:03 PM in response to Michael Black

Thanks for your reply Michael Black but sorry I have misinformed you on some info about my jailbreaking situation. It wasn't my employer it's got to do with a third party I'm no longer romantically involved with and I didn't give him access to my phone for hours when this originally happened I had an android samsung Galaxy s4 took me a while to realise he did place a spyware on my phone as an application called mobile tracker version 1.0 made its way through my entire device & Samsung confirmed it wasn't one of their factory apps I never thought I'd have to watch my back wen giving him access to my phone for the little amount of time I had as I just thought he was looking at my pics & YouTube etc I do remember him doing something on his laptop then goin back to my phone then I noticed that I couldn't disable this mobile tracker version 1.0 or stop it from running, he lived within wifi range of my last house & I found a review on www.gizmobeast.com from another lady askiing the same questions as me on how to remove it was it placed from a third party because the permissions it allowed to do was a total invasion of privacy. The police have done nothing with my report I did I ended up just changing my number,shutting my Facebook & email address down & getting a new phone now a year later this is still happening to me I have recently switched from Optus to Telstra & used iCloud as my email address but as soon as I got a message from him thru Facebook he managed to hack my online dating site pof account, my iCloud address set off my dads work computer systems from logging in and out no less than 10mins and now the same things are happening to my new iphone6. I'm running on a version 8.2(12D508) and it won't let me upgrade to 8.3 my camera is fuzzy calls are dropping in and out people sometimes say have I got them on speaker and its like when I make calls its being diverted. My last bill was extremely higher than it normally is and has ever been too.

How can i find if my boss has a tracking app or anything on my person iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.