Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

black screen on my iphone 5

I have a black screen on my new iphone 5 and can hear all the txts and stuff coming through but i cant see them, what should i do?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 11:09 AM

Reset, hold both home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until the iPhone restarts itself. If still nothing, Restore iPhone with iTunes on your computer. If still problem, make Genius reservation or set up service and take or send iPhone to Apple for resolution.

19 replies

Jul 13, 2013 1:27 PM in response to Sianbo

Same issue here with my girlfriends phone. She called Apple and they are using her glass being cracked as an excuse. The glass has been cracked for a couple months but no pieces are missing and the phone has been fully functional. I've seen phones in way worse shape work just fine. I have restored it via backup and restored it as a new phone and still nothing. The phone is on though because the ringer switch causes it to vibrate, makes the sound like it's charging when plugged up, etc. Also everything went smoothly when backing up, restoring and importing pictures. Have you had any luck with anything?

Jan 13, 2014 3:43 PM in response to Sianbo

Hi,

The hold button for 20 seconds did not work for me, but this will solve your case if you are using iCloud.

Steps:

1. As you need to restore to factory via iCloud, you need to wipeout from www.icloud.com as you can't do that from your phone.

2. When done you will see you screen working again after all have been deleted and phone is back to factory settings.

3. Then add your data to your device (username and password iCloud), take backup from iCloud and you are back again!

I hope this solve your case! 🙂

black screen on my iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.